Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Whew! That Was Close!

A few weeks ago I applied for a job at the library. Part time children's services, which is what I want to be when I grow up, so it seemed perfect. I interviewed and was offered the job. So I took it, set a start date of August 24, and proceeded to lie sleepless for large portions of the next two nights. I realized that I would have no time with Jon Tyler, which is what I've been waiting for. I would have to work every day that Allie is in school and so his "mommy time" would be nil. Everyone else had "mommy time" and he would be deprived of his. I would have to find childcare for my older two during breaks. Essentially, I realized I was crazy and went to see Ms. Beth, whom my family loves dearly after many years of crashing attending storytime, to tell her I'd changed my mind. I have a perfect job, so why would I want to change it? There will be plenty of time for a career change later on, but for now, my world feels back in order. Perhaps with Allie in school my house will be a little cleaner (stop snickering!), my suppers will be prepared a little more on time, my coupons will be organzied, my closets will get cleaned. Perhaps not. At any rate, I will get to spend my mornings with this little guy. He is completely worth it. Whew, that was close!


May the force be with you!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Wonderful! They don't stay little long!