Monday, August 17, 2009

Catchin' up is hard to do!

After a lengthy time away, I am back to blogging on a (hopefully) regular basis. Our summer break was glorious, albeit short. The kids attend a year round school and have been back in school for 5 weeks now, half way to fall break (hooray!!). I missed blogging about quite a bit of our last few months, so I'll try to hit the highlights. We had our annual family vacation to Myrtle Beach back in June, my inlaws 50th anniversary, our trips to the free movie, swimming, a trip to Walterboro and a day trip to Looking Glass Falls and Sliding Rock. Not bad for cramming a whole summer into 5 weeks. I am actually a huge fan of the year round schedule. The summer has its downside, like the fact that many of our friends are still livin' up the carefree days of swimming and playing while we slave over schedules and homework. However, I don't recall hearing anyone even utter that they were bored, and lets face it, September around here is much nicer than July/August. But I digress. I guess the best way to catch everyone is to post a few pics at a time of our summer. So for today, beach pictures...


Allie preferred the sand, but I got her in the ocean long enough for a few cute shots!


Hannah's best purchase and favorite beach activity was the boogie board.


Corey could have stayed in the waves the entire time, I think. I absolutely LOVE this shot, because it so him.


Krispy Kremes are a MUST at the beach!





Jon Tyler spent his first evening of his first vacation at urgent care, because of a 102 degree fever when we got there. He had and ear infection and probable strep since I'd had it the week before, so we got our antibiotic and were happily on our way. He had his love/hate moments at the beach as you can see, but overall did well.


Our last night we went to the pier down from us for dancing. Hannah and Allie absolutely loved it! Allie even won a prize for making it pretty far in the limbo. I think that fact that she's under 4 feet might have helped. Corey slept through pretty much all of it.



There's more summer shots to come...

1 comment:

grammyjoan said...

Tracy, your children are so precious and look so much like you, especially Hannah! I have enjoyed so much learning about your wonderful family and life and it is so evident how important our Lord and Saviour is to you all.