Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Countdown




In exactly one month, this little guy will turn 1. I am going to spend the month in mourning, unable to believe that in 31 short days, we will never again have a baby in this house. (Unless God sees otherwise in which case He will need to revert back to some New Testament stuff where He appears to the father of the child to smooth things over assure the father that this is all part of His plan.) At any rate, it is unlikely that there will be any more babies and I can't bear to think about this. I realize that I'm being dramatic and that he will not morph into some big kid between Sept. 18 and Sept. 19. I just want to go on record as saying I don't believe it's fair that they should have to grow up, particularly when they'll always be "the baby."


As a side note, here is proof that 4th children must not only learn to feed and cloth themselves before their 1st birthday, they must get their own snacks.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I understand...why can't we keep them little???

grammyjoan said...

I see what you mean, but that's why God gives us such wonderful memories of our children. Just remember when you get my age the memory begins to fail so back up everything with plenty of pictures and videos!