1. Why am I compelled to keep receipts that show I bought spaghetti sauce, posterboard and underwear on Feb. 5, 2003? Do I really think the IRS is that interested in me?
2. Why must we as a society in general keep receipts to prove we did something? One day I paid for a classified ad at the local newspaper and watched as the lady stapled a cash register receipt to a receipt showing I paid for a classified. She had to search for the stapler and I remember thinking then how futile it was that she had to do all that. Still wondering about that one.
3. What makes boys, particularly 6 year olds, obsessive? My son can make ANYTHING about Indiana Jones or Star Wars. Wonder if I can pay him to find some new hobbies? Tee ball perhaps. Or Boy Scouts (where he can be around other obsessive 6 year olds and explore new obssessions.)
4. Why is Wednesday a day of chaos? Every Wednesday, without fail, I have a "momma's gonna blow" moment.
5. How do I be more "natural"? This one is sparked by a recent episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 where a lady showed her how to make household cleaner out of vinegar and cook lots of organic stuff her kids actually ate?
6. Why do I always make a mess when I'm cleaning out? The paperwork is gonna bury me. See #1.
7. How come I can't get Tuesday laundry put away before time for Friday's laundry and vice versa?
8. How can I be more organized? Really I want answers here. If you got advice, I'm all ears. If you got friends that got advice, I'm all ears. Really. I'm begging.
I've been thinking some more since I originally posted so here goes.
9. Are there really monsters in my children's closets, and if so, are they the ones eating all my hangers? (Mom, if you're reading this, no I do NOT need more hangers).
10. How do you fold a fitted sheet anyway?
12. Why do people always look at me when the subject of children comes up? I was at Bible study last night and as they thanked everyone for coming in spite of having to leave their children at home, they looked at me. You'd think I had 4 heads and not 4 kids. (By the way, I am not really upset about this - just wondering!)
13. How do you tell when you are getting old? If watching CNN on Friday night after going to Sonic for ice cream is an indication, I'm so there.
It's late and that's all I got for now. Watch out, though. I might think of more while I'm sleeping.