Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday's Things

Today's Thursdays Things list is dedicated to my wonderful husband. Really, he doesn't get the credit he deserves. In her book, Multiple Blessings, Kate Gosselin talks about how many women are impressed with men who treat them to fancy dinners, jewelry, etc. while she loves her husband because he willingly bathes all 8 of their children after a full day of work himself. To that I say, AMEN! I may only have half as many kids, but I am equally impressed by my man! so here's the list

Things I love about Donnie:

1.He puts God first in his life, our marriage and in front of our children.
2.He prays daily for all of us.
3.He loves me completely, without wishing I was different in any way.
4.He is patient and gentle, careful not to hurt feelings, but not sparing them when it comes to what is right.
5.He is a man of integrity. What he does is not always popular, but it is always right.
6.He is a great story teller.
7.He will drop everything to take care of me when I'm sick.
8.He complements me well. Where I will rush into a million tasks at once, he will make me step back and examine what I'm doing. In essence he is protecting me and our family.
9.He is a wonderful son. He checks on his parents daily and values their opinion.
10.He has afforded me the privilege of staying at home with our children by working extra hard and sometimes, extra long.
11.He never complains, 'nough said.
12.He is funny and makes me laugh til I cry or pee myself, usually both.
13.He is a very hands on dad. He will jump in and do homework, help with baths, tuck them in, whatever needs doing.
14.He likes things neat and orderly but is not demanding about it and doesn't fuss when it is not.
15.He cleans, too.
16.He rebuilt our house, while having to do 2 others to generate income, ran a campaign for local office, welcomed a third child into the world, all this in addition to day to day stuff.
17.He has always gotten up at night when the kids were babies and did whatever he could to help - every night.
18.He shares insight with me from things he has read or heard to help in my spiritual growth.
19.He talks - turns the TV off, gets away from the computer - and talks.
20.He listens.
21.He is God's gift, a fleshly reminder of His love for me.

I could go on and on, but I'm not sure anyone would have time to read it all if I kept going. You get the picture. He is awesome! Love you, babe!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Tracy,
I think your list is awesome! So many times we don't let "our men" know how much we appreciate them. You truly have a jewel God has blessed you with. Go, Donnie!