Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ice Ice Baby!

This is what we woke up to yesterday morning.

That is ice on the trees and power lines(!) in case the picture is not very clear.

It never really got above about 29 degrees so I actually took these pictures this morning. Because we only get about 2 of these a year, I love to be "snowed in" or in this case iced in. It's especially nice when you don't have to go anywhere. We rented a couple of movies since we knew that this was a very real possibility for us, and I can now say I have seen all 4 Indiana Jones movies. This is the joy of having boys around, and I know one day my daughters will be better wives because of this. (Sorry, I digressed.)

About two years ago on a morning we quite like this we found out something that led to this announcement. Don't worry - we have no announcements this time. We also experienced this snowfall back when Hannah was 4 and I got to sled for the first time ever. Yes we really had a foot of snow. I may never see anything like that again so I will always cherish those times. Then there was the snow fall of last year and my personal favorite - the snowfall 10 years ago the week Hannah was due.

Most people either love or hate the winter weather. I love it - in moderate doses and I'm hoping I will have one good snow this year to share with everyone before this winter is over. We really are "due" for one.

In the meanwhile, here's a few more winter weather shots!






No comments: