Thursday, January 7, 2010

Home Improvement Projects


We have done two minor home improvement projects around here, but they have made life a little easier, in a sense. We first installed a baby gate across the doorway to the kitchen. This is not Jon Tyler's favorite, and he stands at the gate and cries while I make supper and empty the dishwasher without his assistance. Sometimes I prefer his assistance over his incessant screaming, so I let him in anyway. Okay, so this happens more often than not. So I probably spent $30 for nothing. But never fear, I'm sure I can get $5 for it at my next yard sale, hence the reason I hate buying anything for kids brand spanking new.



Our second project is my favorite. When we renovated our house, I insisted on a regular door to the laundry room instead of a bi-fold because I liked the look of the regular door. Note to self (and anyone reading who is renovating) - go for practical over pretty. The door worked great until we got a freezer, then it wouldn't open enough for me to get in there with a clothes basket. So we took the door down and have been dealing with a laundry room in constant disarray that everyone can see. Now we have a handy folding door. It slides out of the way very compactly and was a nice $24 at Lowes. (That endorsement was free, by the way). I was so very excited when my sister in law came the other day and I got to toss everything in the laundry room and shut the door.

Now that the New Year is in, I'm sure I can find a few more projects that need to be done, but by the time we get to them I will have forgotten what they were.

No comments: