Saturday, May 21, 2011

Trying to Stay Well

Donnie is supposed to be at a church men's retreat this weekend but he woke up Friday with an awful (!) stomach virus. He has been sick ever since. Last night Kelly got it, so I am on pins and needles around here. There is NOTHING worse than a stomach virus winding its way through 8 people. Been there done that when there were five of us, and I still have flashbacks. To make it worse, Hannah and Donnie leave for Washington, DC on a field trip Tuesday. We have out the Lysol and the hand sanitizer and are using it in mass amounts. I have Lysol-ed all door knobs, lightswitches, sink fixtures, toilets seats, chairs where the sick sat, the gate at the bottom of the stairs, phones, and remotes. Did I mention I HATE the stomach virus? Hannah came downstairs fully dressed, whereas I usually have to beg them to get dressed on Saturdays. When I asked her why she was dressed, she replied, "This house is full of germs and outside is not. I'm going to ride my bike." Can't argue with that.

No comments: