Thursday, May 26, 2011

Speed Street

Well, while the cats away the mice will play, as the saying goes and today we played alright. Kelly and I took the kids to Speed Street in Charlotte today and it was totally fun. Here is why we went.



I saw where Cars 2 characters were going to be on display and I had to take Jon Tyler. I had to. So I signed my older two out and we headed up. To save having to find a parking place when streets had been blocked off and walking miles and payin to park, we rode the light rail from Pineville. That is my new favorite thing. After us Beverly Hillbillies figured out how to buy tickets, of course, and where to board the train, we loved it. It truly was country come to town. We got off just 2 blocks from where we needed to be and quickly found the Kidzone. Cheerios sponsored that part and there were samples of every thing imagineable, for free at that. We go pictues with Tony the Tiger, the Lucky Charms man and others. The kids scored Hamburger Helper hands and there was free ice cream. Anyway you look at it, that is the bomb. Then we found Lightning McQueen, Mater, and Finn (he's the new guy for you Cars rookies). The kids got their pictures taken with them and got to play on some inflatables. Then we boarded the train and rode back to our car. It was a perfectly fun, spontaneous afternoon, and I'm so glad we did i

No comments: