Monday, May 9, 2011

Reverse

It's been so long since I've really updated my blog that even blogger didn't recognize me. (Well, I'm exaggerating but only a little). I don't really have a valid reason or even a bad excuse for not blogging, unless you count running a household with a hubby and 4 children plus 2 more but I'll get to that later. I was going to go back, post those things I missed and link them to this post. I don't know why - it just makes me feel better and more efficient. But I have a confession. I started this post about 3 days ago and I haven't gotten even this post finished yet. So I decided it would be better if I just gave a brief synopsis.

Early April brought spring break, a little later than usual this year, thanks to PASS testing. My birthday was the 6th, and I had a great day celebrating. My kids and my mom made muffins and sang Happy Birthday to me on the toilet. It was supposed to be breakfast in bed, but I'd gotten up to go to the bathroom when they arrived. You know what they say about getting to use the bathroom by yourself once you have kids - well it applies even on birthdays. But as Corey put it, "I think it surprised us more than it surprised you."

We took a trip to Walterboro to visit my dad and stepmom. It was really nice. The kids enjoyed their time in the country. We even stayed an extra day and took in an Easter egg hunt at their church, which was really fun. Those people know how to throw down when it comes to the kids. They hunted eggs, dyed eggs, ate hotdogs, played sports. It was great!

On the way home my sister called me from the ER where she'd been diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung for us commoners). This kills people folks; it's very serious. She spent two days in the hospital and is doing much better. Plus she has been out of work for a while so she and her son are staying with us until she can find something. When you got six people living in a house, what's two more? I'm sure this will make for some good blogging material so stay tuned...

Well I think that wraps up the overview. See you haven't missed much. I would promise to do better, but, well, that may not be a promise I can keep so let's just say I'll try.

No comments: