Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Not so wordless Wednesday ~ Healing



This picture makes my heart happy. These are two of my nieces being their silly selves. They are also two whose father died recently. The one holding the pink guitar has been pursuing a music career for several years and the girl's got talent. They both do, along with their younger sister, but this one is passionate about it. It is in her blood. She has competed in and placed in several music competitions, including winning the American Idol Experience last year at Disney. Let's just say she's awesome.

The week of her father's death, she said she'd never play and sing again, which would have been the second great tragedy in this situation. My prayer for her was that God would draw her back to it, that she couldn't not sing, and that is need be, she would pick up her guitar without even realizing she'd done it. God has answered that prayer. Already in the past three weeks, she's been invited to sing at another Christian music competition. (That means I'm not just being partial.) She has also recorded several songs on a CD for this contest, including one she wrote.

I have changed my prayer. Now I am praying that what this world lost in the talent of her father, God would increase one hundred-fold in her. I can't wait to see Him answer that one.

No comments: