Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hope He Grows Into His Head

Jon Tyler had his 18 month check up today (he is 20 months old, so we are a few months behind. no big). I took him to our new doctor. He was the same as Allie in that he is 25th percentile in height at 32 1/4 inches and 10th percentile in weight at 23.4 pounds. He is in the 75th percentile, however, in head circumference. The doctor (nurse practioner, but whatever) actually laughed when she told me that. I hope he grows into that head. I suppose he will. I have always thought he had a pretty head, and today's visit doesn't change that. Besides, he needs room for all his "smarts", or at least for all that scheming. He had 3 shots, as we somehow got behind in that as well. Poor 4th child. He was a little upset screamed bloody murder over the shots. All the way out of the office. And into the car. And down the street to Walgreens. He then quieted to a grumble through Walgreen's. He seemed irritated by the bandaids, though so I took them off and he was much happier. I did leave one on while we went in KMart and he entertained the people behind us by pulling up his shorts and showing it off. I won't mention any names, but a certain much older sister of his has to tell us all of her ailments and I think he might be following suit in the melodrama. Thankfully he is a happy and healthy little guy - big head and all.

No comments: