Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lysol is my friend (and other lessons learned during a family virus)

So, we have spent much of the past week battling the stomach virus around here. Allie started last Thursday night (of course, during my first week of work - wonder if they got a sub for a sub?) and ended Sunday morning. Donnie and I started simultaneously on Tuesday after midnight. (Why must it happen always at night? I don't think I've ever ralphed during the day.)

So here are my musings from the my recent toilet hugging experiences:
1. There is no such thing as too much Lysol. I have some new products I am going to recommend to the Lysol people, but I'll address that later.)

2. The slower I move, the slower my children who are well and have to go to school move.

3. It is okay to take the kids to school in your pjs.

4. It is also okay to pick them up in the same pjs.

5. It is okay, if you can pass off your pjs for cool lounge wear or don't mind the strange looks, to make a mad dash throught Wal-Mart in search of Karen Kingsbury's new book.

6. Toast is sufficient for all meals.

7. Sisters who keep your children so you can sleep are wonderful! (Of course, she's wonderful anyway - even if she can't name the kid. See previous post.)

8. This too shall pass!

Thankfully with sleep I am me again and went to work today without passing out, which seemed unlikely last night.

When it comes to viruses I have self diagnosed OCD. It nearly causes hysterics trying to figure out what to do first after cleaning up the yuck. Should I wash my hands? Then the faucet has funky germs on it. But if I go get the Lysol can first, the can gets the funkies and spraying it doesn't help much. Should I change clothes before washing my hands? Then my new clothes get the funkies and could therefore spread the virus. I guess I could wash my hands and spray myself down with Lysol after removing the old clothes and before getting out the new ones. But inevitably the Lysol can is in a different part of the house and I have to streak to go get it. (Sorry for the mental pic. Aren't you glad we aren't neighbors?) I say all this because I have come up with other Lysol products that should be invented. The include, but are not limited to: Lysol body spray, Lysol mouth wash, Lysol deodarant, Lysol dish detergent, Lysol shampoo... I could go on. But instead, I'd like input here. Anybody else got ideas? I'll be glad to give you credit when I submit them. Really I will.

No comments: