Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm Somebody's Hero (subtitle: why I love my nieces)

I have come to find out that with each pregnancy past #2, you get slightly different reactions. When I told of my pregnancy with #3, we got a few congratulations and several "Again?s". Now with #4 most people's first question is, "Did you plan that?" or "Don't you know what causes that?" followed by "Is this it?" No, we didn't plan it. God did. 'Nough said. We know what causes it and obviously we like it or are good at it, however you want to view that, I'll leave it alone. Yes, sadly, this is probably it. If I had my way, I woulda lived a hundred years ago when people didn't know what caused it, but it was actually still a blessing to have lots of kids.

But I have a wonderful family who is excited for us, none the less. (Minus the one who suggested we name it "Caboose" because it's the last one on the train). My nieces are the best. All of them - 6 total - give me hope that my children will turn out alright in a crazy world and that they will love their parents and siblings at the end of adolescence. They range in age from 12 to 22 (I think). So last weekend, when we were together for February birthdays, they had just found out our news and were so very excited, which was a real boost. One of them wants 12 and the other said 5 is her minimum. Get that? MINIMUM! You Go, Girls! The one who wants 12 said, "Aunt Tracy, you're my hero!" Now mind you, these girls are teenagers, so I think it's great that they have this outlook on life. It was about that age that the desire to have 4 began for me, so I hope if that's really their dream, God grants it for them, because He is giving me the desires of my heart and it's AWESOME! Well, after the hero comment, I had to leave the room to referee a fight between the 5 younger kids, so I didn't get to say, "Thanks, Girls! You made my day and I love ya!" Oh, yeah, and I'll pay up next time I see you! HAHA

No comments: