Saturday, March 12, 2011

The end of an era





Jon Tyler & Allie are spending their first night in their new bunk beds. This moment is bittersweet, meaning Jon Tyler is now in a big boy bed! For me, these things are fun because it is something new and sad because my baby is growing up. We are in the process of bidding farewell to our old faithful crib which is almost 16 years old and has been through 6 kids, obviously not all mine. In the process means that I can't get it apart. I've always had trouble with it and it's always led me to the point of losing my sanity. So it is partly disassembled and still in their room (which I do not recommend when trying to transition. 'nough said). Allie is as tickled as she can be and so excited about her new bed and being big enough to sleep on top. I think when you are the third child being big enough to do anything is exciting! So we'll see how this new phase of life goes for them. I'm praying for a smooth transition.

No comments: