Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Little Man's First Birthday! (lots of pics, too)




We celebrated Jon Tyler's first birthday Saturday with family. He is such a ham and enjoyed the attention. He probably figured that being #4 he was lucky to get any attention and would take it. He did the best job on his cake of any of his siblings, which is why I have included a bazillion photos of the cake. He was, in fact, much more impressed with cake than with presents. We read him about 2 cards and opened one present before he decided he was "done." While I realize some people love the big party thing for their kids, we are not into that. By the time we combine Jon Tyler's siblings and cousins we get 7 kids under 10, and I think that is plenty big enough. So, when Jon Tyler was done, they stepped in and helped him open his presents.

Amazingly I didn't have this terrible time with him turning one like I thought I would. I dreaded it for weeks and then it just sort of came and I was okay with that. I still can't believe it so maybe I'm just in shock. Time does fly when you're having fun, and this bunch is definitely fun!!

Testing...


Getting a first taste of icing


Diggin' in!!


Look, Ma!


A little in the hair for good measure!


YUM!


Cake Hangover


Present time!


New jammies


Checking out the goods!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you were okay with him turning one. Time really does go by too fast. Enjoy every minute with your 1 year old "baby"!